During the course of your pregnancy, you may be referred to perinatologist. A perinatologist is an OB/Gyn who completed additional years of training in a maternal fetal medicine fellowship regarding high risk pregnancy, advanced ultrasonography and genetics. Our physicians are board certified in Maternal Fetal Medicine and OB/Gyn. Seeing a perinatalogist does not mean there is anything "wrong" with your pregnancy; maternal-fetal specialists simply have the knowledge, training, equipment, and expertise to care for patients experiencing a pregnancy where a risk factor is or potentially could be involved. More often than not, seeing a perinatologist is simply a precautionary measure.
We are part of your healthcare team and customize care to meet the individual needs of every patient. We understand and appreciate patients' concerns regarding their pregnancy. We promote an atmosphere where a patient feels comfortable asking questions regarding her care.
Our additional professional staff includes:
- Sonographers, who are certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), and have many years of advanced sonography experience.
- A Certified Diabetic Educator and Nutrition Counselor
- A Board Certified Genetics Counselor
Dr Goldaber has specialized in maternal-fetal medicine since 1992. He received his medical degree from the University of Miami and his undergraduate degree from Duke University. Dr. Goldaber completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas before continuing his training in a Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School.
In addition to practicing medicine, Dr. Goldaber has taught at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center since 1990 and currently serves as a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology/Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine.
Dr. Goldaber is also involved in several professional organizations, including:
- Society of Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association